Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Well, here we go....

Your families are extremely proud of you.  You can't imagine the sense of relief they are experiencing.  This would be a most opportune time to ask for money.  ~Gary Bolding

Commencement speeches were invented largely in the belief that outgoing college students should never be released into the world until they have been properly sedated.  ~Garry Trudeau

It is indeed ironic that we spend our school days yearning to graduate and our remaining days waxing nostalgic about our school days.  ~Isabel Waxman
-----------------------------------------------------

Well, it's official.  I am graduating from college.  I finished my coursework, I have my cap and gown.  Weird.  Graduation is next Saturday.


It's been a great experience.  I've had many sleepless nights, but I feel like I really have learned a lot.  I've LOVED student teaching.  I'm excited for what the future holds.


Now it is time to begin "real" life.  For those of you who don't know, I am graduating with a degree in Early Childhood Special Education.  This means that, as soon as I apply for certification, I am qualified to teach children from 3rd grade and younger, with and without disabilities.


It's my passion.  I believe that you can learn a lot about life from children.  I especially believe that children with disabilities have a lot to teach us.  They help us learn patience, hope, and how to be happy despite struggles.


I watched a show on BYUtv today about a family that adopted 21 children from horrible backgrounds, and about another man that developed technology that enabled people to operate a computer with their eyes.  He used this to assist people with cerebral palsy.
Here's the Link:
http://www.byutv.org/watch/2164-101


It's inspiring to me to see how children change the lives of those around them.  I think that's what I've learned most over the years.  The teacher always ends up learning from their students.


So, that's where I am.  Ready to step out into the world, I guess.
It's going to be good.


Picture from my high school graduation

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you and very proud of all you have accomplished. You will be one of the best teachers, I just know it. You have such a love and talent for what you do...it is so obvious. Can't wait to see all the pictures from graduation!

    ReplyDelete